Monday, August 13, 2012

The Importance of the Interview/Consultation

This evening, I met with a wonderful couple who are getting married in November.  One of the first things I do when I speak with a couple is to get to know them, to see what they are like together, hear their "story," and let them tell me about what they would like to have in their wedding ceremony.

As an officiant, I feel that my first priority, and obligation, is to the bride and groom.  I want them to be happy with their ceremony -- to feel it's something that's been specially tailored to the two of them, and says what they want to have said as they become husband and wife.

I realize that not all couples feel this way -- some couples prefer the "tried-and-true" route, with wording that is traditional -- and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that!  However, most of the couples who I have the honor of working with want to work with me on a ceremony that's as individual as they are -- and that's the couples that I really love working with the most!

What is important, no matter what, is that a couple who are being married have a consultation with the officiant who is going to be conducting their ceremony, to be sure that they are going to be happy with the person they choose.  The wedding ceremony is the heart and soul of the wedding day -- having a consultation and/or interview with your officiant is something that should be at the top of the list!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment