Monday, April 4, 2011

Lake Mary Events Center -- This Week's Wedding!

I'm looking forward to a mid-week wedding on Wednesday evening at the Lake Mary Events Center, one of my favorite spots!  The bride and groom are a wonderful young couple with an adorable toddler daughter, and have been together for a very long time.  When I meet with a couple in their situation, I normally ask them what made them decide to get married.  In their case, they said they knew it was the right thing to do.  It was obvious that they are in it for the long haul, and that they have a great base for a long marriage!
I called the DJ and photographer today, as I do with vendors prior to the wedding day, to be sure that everything was in place and to see if they had any questions, and got into an interesting conversation with the photographer, who's been shooting weddings for over twenty years.  He said that he loves what he does, but sometimes sees couples where he wonders whether they'll be together for their first anniversary.  
So -- my thought for today is -- what is most important -- the wedding day, or the marriage?  My philosophy, for what it's worth, is that the wedding is one day, but the marriage is for a lifetime.  
My husband and I eloped -- just the two of us, and the officiant -- and I've never regretted it.  We'll be married 37 years at the end of May!  Check out our 1970's attire!


My take on it?  A wedding is a wonderful event -- just don't let it become the entire definition of your relationship.  Remember what's important -- that you're "in it for the long haul." 

1 comment:

  1. An officiant has a Huge impact on your wedding as all they do most of the readings, responses. The officiants is beneficial to assist the couple wherever they are about to have their wedding vows taken.
    grand rapids wedding officiant

    ReplyDelete